Welcome to the Paws Off! community.
Thanks for your patience as I get things set up, arranged, and functional. The website is a long time in coming, as the Paws Off! project is currently percolating on one of my many back burners. With that in mind, here is a general overview off the top of my head of what I hope to accomplish with this community:
- Declare where myself and similarly-opinionated Furries stand in regards to the fandom and its unfortunate stereotypes
- Promote conversation, discussion, and comraderie among these Furries
- Create an identifyable symbol for "cleaner" fandom that other Furries can adopt
What I will NOT tolerate in this community:
- Hateful, bigotted, abusive, or inflammatory attitudes (no anonymous posting)
- Unconstructive criticism or defamation/bashing of other people or communities
We are here to make a statement about ourselves, not to try to convert the opinion of the masses or our peers. We do not choose to identify ourselves with this genre of sci-fi/fantasy fandom because of its oversexed, and at times outrageous perversion. We draw a line as to what is appropriate in public expression, and believe that if one is going to create artwork or participate in acts that are the cause of so much ridicule for Furries at large, it should be kept and done in private, where such personal things belong. We hope that with these efforts at distinction, not hate-mongering or intolerance, we may give the general populace reason to pause before they leap to the conclusion that we are "just like the rest of those disgusting people." In other words, we want to at least in some small way impact those around us, and have them think before assuming kink.
I'm sure I'll be much more eloquent at some point in the future, but that will have to suffice for the present. Well met and welcome. Together we can, if nothing else, provide support to one another and acknowledge that no, we are not the only Furries out there who are fed up with the assumptions of others.